Information on IO 2
Specifications for the intellectual output 2
(prior to training)
for the project
“Hospital cleaners Innovative Training”
GOALS of the tool:
The main objective is to identify training needs of :
-VET learners (initial and ongoing education)
In order to suggest a customized training programme according to the results of the test.
The assessment will take into account the 4 paramount modules identified :
1) Preventing hospital infection:
General comprehension of cleaning in the field of healthcare, understanding hygiene.
2) Performing an institutional cleaning, major cleaning and maintenance cleaning:
- a) Broad knowledge of hospital premises aimed at avoiding the appearance and spreading of nosocomial diseases and spreading of contamination.
- b) using cleaning agents correctly in terms of dosage, temperature, quantity and use
- c) cleaning of hospital internal transfer equipment
- d) cleaning different hospital rooms in a highly sanitized way, ergonomically and aseptically to avoid spreading of contagious micro-organisms.
- e) selecting appropriate professional materials used in cleaning and performing finishing works of cleansing tools, accessories and machineries
3) Implementing working plans:
- a) applying cleaning protocols in planning, equipping and supplying for different cleaning situations.
- b) broad understanding and proper use and function of machinery, equipment and tools.
- c) Identifying and analyzing hygienic risks from substances along with surface areas and marks.
- d) allocating time according to calculated work space, tasks and method scheduled
- e) Organizing cleaning supplies considering and analysing environmental constraints, cleaning process, plan, hygienic requirements, and situation.
- f) Complying with correct quality
- g) Integrating new workers
4) Working safely and ensuring patient safety
- a) Practicing high level of personal hygiene and hand disinfection,
- b) Using PPE for personal and work safety, working in a way that prevents environmental damage and avoidable public hazards.
- c) Applying safety protocols at work, uses proper techniques, follows data recording procedures, and uses PPE.
- d) Applying environmentally sound practices and using appropriate hazard symbols.
- e) Having ergonomic work behaviour for health and fitness
- f) Applying principles of sustainability in dealing with air, water, waste, or other.
- g) Adhering to internationally recognized hygiene standards and regulations functioning according to classification levels I, II, III.
- h) Adhering to legal rights and obligations ensuring a safe working environment for self and team members
- i)Patient care and monitoring
- j) first aid.
Further steps …
Sharing of tasks : one module per partner.
- Module 1 : Denmark
- Module 2 : Estonia
- Module 3 : France
- Module 4 : Finland
Instructions about how to use the E-assesment tool you can find from IO4, Teaching quide